Wam Sianga – Dental Business Consultant
Wam Sianga has over 12 years’ experience managing and transforming dental practices, Wam has a proven track record as an experienced and innovative practice manager with sophisticated sales, customer service, IT and business administration skills. His extensive knowledge covers clinical governance, practice development, the NHS, accounting, HR, information technology for dental practices and patient relationship management.
Wam is a great team-builder who can work with practices to train, motivate, communicate and implement award-winning strategies to achieve exceptional business performance for today’s dental practices.
Competencies include the following:
• Production and implementation of practice payment policy and thus reduction of incidents of bad debt.
• Implementation and maintenance of payment systems, banking and reconciliation.
• Maintenance of patient accounts and debt collection.
• Monitor cash flow and prepare reports.
• Administration of sales and purchase ledgers: payment of bills promptly and maintenance of accurate records.
• Administration of petty cash including collating and balancing.
• Preparation of practice accounts for the practice principal – monthly.
• Preparation of End of Year documentation for presentation to practice accountant.
• Calculation and arrangement of payment of Associate and Hygienist salaries.
• Arranging the preparation of staff wages and PAYE.
• Monitoring the Appointments book to management appointments with particular attention to incidences of failed appointments and act, with consultation, to reduce their impact.
• Recruitment, training, encouragement, motivation and disciplining of staff in line with practice policy.
• Maintenance of Personnel files.
• Drawing up contracts of employment and review.
• Drawing up staff roles and responsibilities and reviewing at intervals.
• Organizing training and development of both new and existing staff.
• Arranging the deployment of staff and production of weekly and holiday rotas to ensure adequate levels of staffing.
• Organizing meetings and team communication systems.
• Teambuilding by promotion of an equitable approach to team members.
• Maintaining sickness and holiday records.
• Implementation of appropriate appraisal systems.
• Monitoring dressing to ensure that staff look smart at all times and responsible for uniform ordering.
Public relations and Patient Contact – Quality Customer Care
• Link between dentists, staff and patients to ensure the smooth running of the practice, ensuring that dentists and staff are kept aware of any issues that patients may raise with regard to the running of the practice or the provision of treatment.
• Ensure patient’s records are accurate and that they are regularly updated as patients visit the practice.
• Act to enhance patient satisfaction.
• Maintenance of Complaints procedures and revisiting issues that re-occur by reviewing according to the practice policy.
• Overseeing the appointment book management to ensure the best use is made of the time available.
• Monitoring and evaluation of patient feedback.
• Supporting staff/dentists with patient management/accounting issues and assistance in their solution.
• Design, installation and maintenance of computer infrastructure to include hardware.
• Network infrastructure comprising of a server, 8 workstations, digital imaging devices and printers including all network cabling
• Installation and maintenance of software
• Microsoft Windows server 2008, Windows 7 Pro, Microsoft Office 2013
Software Of Excellence Exact, Carestream R4, FES Dental, Gendex imaging, Mediadent, ExaminePro, Easydent
Quick books premium, Sage line 50, Xero, Wave
• DPB WebEDI: Transmission and monitoring
• NHS Choices monitoring and administration
• NHS Business Services Authority log in administration
• Tendering for new PDS contracts
• Friends and Family Test submissions
• NHS BSA Superannuation
Website design and maintenance
• Creation of database CMS website in WordPress or Joomla
• Search Engine Optimisation Page 1 of local area guaranteed
• Google Reviews
• Google, Facebook and Instagram Campaigns
• Keeping abreast with legislation to include: The Health and Social Care Act 2008, CQC Regulations, Employment legislation, Health and Safety at Work Act, GDC guidelines and NHS Regulations (Clinical governance). Nice guidelines, Department of Health guidelines and in particular implementation of HTM01-05 infection control guidelines.
• CQC Registered Manager
• Information Governance Lead
• Safeguarding Lead and Caldecott Lead
• Compliance with Health & Safety law and accurate record keeping.
• First aider
• Fire Marshall
• Stock controller
• Meeting with representatives and ordering.
Practice Development Manager
• Development and improvement of administrative systems in line with the practice vision.
• Promotion of the image of the practice in ways consistent with practice development.
• Project managing all infrastructural changes
Wam is a member of DentalPartner your one stop shop for